Monday, December 1, 2008

Who needs new years anyway? New house - new resolutions. I will make more art work and post more. For starts here're some pics from thanksgiving. No finals cause we hit a wicked time crunch but I'll list the menu and my thoughts.


I'd been craving biscuits and gravy from the Paradox cafe in Portland. Since I'm on the east coast I've been looking for a substitute recipe. Ended up making sage biscuits (vegan ronin) absolutely amazing and quick/easy with pumpkin gravy (down home vegan).




Ever since making garlic roasted brussels from VwaV I've been in love. So when I saw a brussels recipe w/roasted chestnuts (smitten kitchen) where the brussels were boiled I was intrigued but sceptical. It had shallots though and my recent fascination with them roped me in. I actually skipped the boiling and just pre roasted the sprouts but due to the saucy nature of the dish they still turned out mushier than I prefer. I roasted chestnuts for the first time for this and my stuffing. It was fun and they were tasty but I was kinda expecting more. Think I've just got to play around more with this recipe and add some personal touches.





I made a no turkey turkey which was alright but I'm definitely going to change it up next time into more of a shepard's pie. For next time I'm going to shred the bottom layer of seiten, substitute the gravy with punk rock chickpea gravy from VwaV, keep the awesome stuffing and add a layer of smashed potatoes.




No comments: